[Ktechlab-devel] We gotta get this piece of crap back in working order. =\

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 4 07:27:57 UTC 2010

The list has grown distressingly quiet of late.

The open source community needs an electronics/microcontroller package,
and Ktechlab should be it.

I know that the rocket surgeons at trolltech really threw us a curve
ball but its time to get over it.

What needs to be done to get ktechlab back to beta-quality software?

Specifically, what needs to change to make it not care about MIME types?

Also, the simulator IS due for a major revision, I now have a book which
explains how to compute currents and stuff, this will require changes to
how Circuit and ElementSet work because components will need to know
whether they need to compute currents and they will need to be able to
negotiate this with the circuit as a whole and then be able to implement
this through ElementSet.

Once again, this is a get-ahead task. The problem is that the project is
dying without a new version for people such as myself to obsessively
hack on. =\ Yeah, I've been too much of a wimp to wrestle with QT4
myself but then I have a day job working with Java. =\

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.