[Ktechlab-devel] Adding nodes() to IDocumentModel ?

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Tue Aug 24 20:18:03 UTC 2010

hey,

On Tuesday 24 August 2010 17:57:32 Zoltan Padrah wrote:
> Change committed to GIT:
>
> http://ktechlab.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ktechlab/ktl-zoltan_p;
> a=commit;h=e7bfb95c62b747f49b510ec8f215f31d6f166283
>
> Note that also I've merged my repository's master branch with yours. This
> caused some conflicts, so please review the previous commit, too.

I merged your master and tested it. It crashes, when starting with a session
containing opened files. This is, because the simulatormanager isn’t
initialized. So in main.cpp the manager needs to be initialized before the
core. (i. e. 3 lines above) This could cause trouble in the future, though,
when the simulatormanager needs the core to be running. But I don’t see this
use-case, yet.

Before merging your branch, I’d like another thing sorted out. There’s a lot
of trailing-whitespace in your code. It’s not a big deal, but it would be
nice, if master is clean. KDevelop is capable of removing it, when saving and
kate can visualize it. You should enable these options. If you mention
something like that before you push your changes, you can commit a fix and use
git rebase -i to mark the fix as “fix-up”. This will merge these patches into
one. However, this is not easily possible after changes have been pushed,
because you can’t merge “fast-forward”. I’d like to do this before merging the
KDE4 version into the official repo (and break our master branches with this…)
but to limit this work, master should be as clean as possible.

Once we got this official master branch, we should do all this before merging
to master. Since the branch will be deleted afterwards or won’t be used widely
anyway, the “fast-forward” problem has little to none impact.

All in all, nice work, thanks! :) I hope to finish my routing branch, soon
(still have some crashes, that need to be sorted out ;)) and after that, I
will start implementing items that will be attached to ConnectorItems in a
circuit and visualize the data from the simulator.

bye then
julian