[Ktechlab-devel] Adding nodes() to IDocumentModel ?

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 09:42:19 UTC 2010

 Hello,

As implementing the simulator, I've found a problem with the IDocumentModel
interface: it doesn't expose the set of nodes, that don't belong to any
component/element. This is a problem, because those nodes are needed by the
connectors is some cases. When two connectors are connected, a new node is
created at the connection point, and one connector is split in two, finally
resulting in three connectors and one node. This way, in the model, a
connector can always connect two nodes.

As I've seen in the CircuitModel class, the nodes had to be inserted in that
class, too.

Theoretically it's possible to deduce all nodes from the end-node-id-s of
the connectors, but I'm not sure if that is the best solution.

So should be the nodes exposed in IDocumentModel, or not? What is your
opinion?

 Zoltan