[Ktechlab-devel] KDevPlatform version bump

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 10:58:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:47:41 +0200, Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de> wrote:

> hi,
> the kdevelop hackers again increased their version number for plugins. I
> talked to the developers about this problem, they confirmed, that the
> check is
> == and therefore only plugins with the same version number as
> KDevPlatform can
> be loaded. This should be the last time the version number is increased,
> for
> quite some time. I'm not sure how to solve this issue in a long term. The
> problem, I see is that plugins would be working with older/newer
> versions as
> well, but the == check prevents the plugins from being loaded. I think,
> we
> should wait until the 1.0 release of KDevPlatform and after that, bring
> this
> problem to the attention of the kdevelop hackers, again and may be find a
> better solution.
>
> bye then
> julian

  As a develper, currenly I have the 0.9.96, and I stick with it until
ubuntu 10.04 is released. Then I'll use the default version from the
ubuntu repositories (and quite some users will have that version).

  For the long term, maybe with some CMake magic and/or shell scripts for
the configuration phase, we could extract the plugin version number from
kdevplatfrom, and use that as a macro in the plugin version number. If the
version is different from the "known" ones that work, print a warning
"ktechlab might crash, due to possible kdevplatform incompatibility". This
sounds as hacking...