[Ktechlab-devel] Improved Spanish Translation

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Sun Apr 11 19:19:18 UTC 2010

hi,
On Sunday 11 April 2010 11:50:46 Ezequiel Cabrillo García wrote:
> Many things have happened since a year ago my colleague José Luis Gálvez
> and I terminase a translation into Spanish.
>
> The very bad news is that Jose Luis Galvez died in 2009 after a quick
> illness. :-((((
That's indeed bad news. My sincerest condolences to his family, friends and
colleagues.

> This  unfortunate and other events have caused has not returned to work in
> KTechlab.
>
> I would like to return the translation as a tribute to José Luis. But ...
>
> Where is the website?
Unfortunately, we don't have a working website at the moment. We only have the
project page at http://sf.net/projects/ktechlab/develop, where you can find a
wiki (see "Hosted Apps -> MediaWiki" in the menu).

> Where do I download the source code?
It's also available via the sf.net project page. You can find instructions
about how to get the source, in the wiki.

Besides all that, currently KTechLab is not yet in shape to be translated. At
least the GUI strings are far from being ready. There is however the context
help. I added a help-es file I received from you some time ago into the
project. For now, it would only make sense to extend this file. All other
translations need to wait, until we have an idea about the strings of the
application itself. Since we are using KDevPlatform as a base, many GUI
strings are translated by the kdevelop translators and we only have to care
about the plugins, we wrote. I am not aware of any new strings, we introduced
by our plugins, yet, so there is nothing to translate, at the moment. If you
have got a new version of the help-es file providing context help for the
components, feel free to send it and I will commit it.

You can find the recent version of this help-es file here:
http://ktechlab.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ktechlab/ktechlab;a=blob;f=src/contexthelp/help-
es;h=c5bbaedf002c4165d9e2f9db5cbd135d55360a91;hb=HEAD

or just get the sources and have a look in the src/contexthelp folder.

Anyway. I really appreciate your offering to help with the translation but for
now, there is not much to be done there.

bye then
julian