[Ktechlab-devel] Flowcode in ktl-0.3.7

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:02:27 UTC 2009

  Let's start this mail with a famous quote:

"There are two ways to write code: write code so simple there are
obviously no bugs in it, or write code so complex that there are no
obvious bugs in it."

  It seems that if I revert the commit that has removed the usage
QGuardedPtr class in some cases, this bug doesn't appear. Could someone
test in a revision earlier than 447 ?

  I don't fully agree on removing QGuardedPtr _now_, because we get too
much odd behaviour to deal with. (IMHO) Ideally we should focus on a small
part of the codebase, fix that -- like the equation solver, for instance
--, fix every problem with it, then move to another part / aspect /
functionality, and so on, while trying to keep the other parts working.
Any opinions on this idea?

  Another topic related to this: valgrind gives a lot of errors for me;
some are from the messed up destructor in ICNDocument, while the others
 from joining connectors (that's really bad). Without QGuardedPtr, ktechlab
crashes under valgrind at startup, without displaying its main window.