[Ktechlab-devel] logic refactoring.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Sep 18 02:05:07 UTC 2009

I could really use some help with logicin/out. =\

Basically what you have is four classes doing the work of a fifth,
creating a nice big mess in the process.

The other two classes are Simulator (which we REALLY want to keep
simple), and circuitDocument.

Here's what's going on.

You have a "slow" simulator in ElementSet which simulates the analog
part of the circuit. You also have a fast (and grossly inaccurate),
simulator that is a thousand times faster (runs a thousand times more
often) that processes logic circuits.

There are two parts to this fast simulator. First there's the part which
distributes voltage states to all connected parts. Second, since there
are no cnodes involved, there's a set of pins which must be updated for
the UI to work. (these are stored in logicOut even though logicOut has
no code which uses them).

So I'm working on a class called logicSet which I could use some help
with. =P

My last few days worth of commits mainly dealt with removing as much
functionality as I could from logicin/out. Now the main task is
refactoring. After that it might pay to refactor logicin/out so they
aren't stacked on each other, but in the mean time we need to get
logicSet working.

The next biggest problems have to do with the connection router which
still is extremely problematic. =\

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.