[Ktechlab-devel] Brainstorming -- what to do next?

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 23:22:43 UTC 2009

  Here are some thing on which we should decide:

- sourceforge related:
   - what application use for bug and feature tracking? It we use the
existing bug / feature trackers, we should move all the requests signaled
on the list there. Specially for Alan: they have RSS, so you can subscribe
to the tracker, and get automatic notifications of new bugs / feature
requests. Other option could be "trac", it can be tested by any
sourceforge.net user, it one enables it in profile.

   - which wiki to use (and how)? There is an option for mediawiki on
sourceforge, or we could set up wiki.ktechlab.org (here is a delay due to
adiministration issues). The sourceforge wiki can be enabled anytime, and
I suppose it will work quite good.

   - the content of the previous wiki could be moved to a new wiki (sf.net
or wiki.ktechlab.org). The question is where, and how should we use it.
Here some wiki editor people might help reconstructing the original
content -- and hopewully refresh it too.

   - releasing 0.3.7: what kind of tarball to release? (I haven't done it
yet). Also the ktechlab book pdfs could be placed on sourceforge, but the
directory structure there should be cleaned up.
   - packages for 0.3.7: could be useful; input from distro maintainers.

   - remove the lastest-svn link, which is very very old. Maybe provide
some working truk build.

- bug / feature tracking: move all the bugs and feature requests to the
tracking system, and look also in mailing list, old wiki, maybe other
sources. We should standardize the way to handle bugs.

- technical:
   - ktechlab logging and debugging: integrate some validation mechanism;
maybe a menu or some toolbar buttons that can check all the data structure
consistency. Later a test suite for ktechlab.

   - qt containers: I don't see the point changing everything to stl
containers. Qt has some really useful features.

- roadmap:
    - next versions

    - porting to qt4

  The most urgent question is the wiki, so we can have a place where to
document all the result of the current discussion.

  Have a nice day (/night),
   Zoltan