[Ktechlab-devel] Zoltan strikes again. =P

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 17 06:04:26 UTC 2009

First, I very much appreciate Zoltan's efforts at improving ktechlab.
Certainly, some of todays commits were quite good, I especially liked
the commit reorganizing code in Matrix. That is definitely worth a Good Job.

However, I can't say I'm happy that my comment in ~ElectronicConnector
was ignored. You are expected to try all kinds of configurations on your
local machine. However, zoltan comitted code that uncommented code that
I had commented out for a very good reason, -- it segfaulted!!! =(

The real problem is that QT's spooky signaling system is failing us by
not communicating the "numPinsChanged" signal to our slot (from
ECNode::setNumPins). =( Fix that and you should be able to change the
number of pins on buss-splitters all day long without problems.

I wish I understood better how this signal and slot business works so I
could explain in much starker terms why it's so brain-damaged. =P

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.