[Ktechlab-devel] I googled recent pages with ktechlab

santiago gonzalez santigoro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 01:33:53 UTC 2009

2009/10/11 Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>

> Zoltan Padrah wrote:
> >> There is also a bug when closing files directly shown in screen (created
> in
> >> /temp/k.. ) that can be easily fixed (just don't creating a new temp
> file).
> >
> >  This is a new one for me. Which mail haven't I read?
> >
> >> For the piccomponent is not very difficult to add a property to choose
> clock
> >> MHz and add a loop in simulator to manage speed.
>
> >  This is tricky. Some odd behaviour might occur if we have 2 loops in
> > the simulator.
>
> I'm pretty sure PIC Components already are handled in the simulator.
> There are about 4 lines having to do with them. I haven't done anything
> to them because I'm not into digital. it should be possible to rework
> that so that it can synchronize with the

Yes, the loop i'm talking about  is just there, that lines you mention is a
"for loop" that call every gpsimprocessor and run 1 step in gpsim.
the only thing the loop  does is: depending on the clock speed of each
piccomponent 1,2,3,4 or 5 steps will be executed on gpsim in every logic
update.

But for this to work a new property is needed in piccomponent to choose the
clock speed, and two new functions in gpsimprocessor like: set_clocksteps()
to call from piccomponent and get_clocksteps() to call from simulator. This
is the way i did, but i'm sure there are better ones.

This is just a workaround, not a real solution to run pics at realtime, but
i think this is better than runing the pic a a fixed rate of 1e6 steps/s
(=4MHZ pic clock)