[Ktechlab-devel] I googled recent pages with ktechlab

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 10 15:50:55 UTC 2009

Juan De Vincenzo wrote:
> Well guys, I know I'm not a developer, which seems to render any
> e-mail I send kind of useless to some of you, but I do have an opinion
> about what's being said, partly related to the other e-mail I sent a
> couple of days ago about the site.

You are now the project manager, congrats. ;)

> I have a lot of ideas for the site and some other things, but I have
> felt utterly ignored up until now, because some people seems to not
> talk to non-developers, or just people that doesn't see the world as
> they do. Let me remind you how Julian Baume, one very active
> developer, valuable as a developer and as a team member, ended up
> working alone on a port to KDE 4, and finally stopped collaborating
> because he was being ignored as well.

!!!

I didn't know that. I always read his postings with great interest and I
don't think I ever failed to pay him compliments. I even tried to stay
away from working on the GUI code when I knew he was making radical
changes.

This is most distressing because I thought there was already good
progress on the KDE4 front. That means we need to recruit a new KDE4
expert and see if we can con him into working on the ungodly monstrosity
of highly customized Qt3.0(or older) code which is ktechlab...

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.