[Ktechlab-devel] UML tools.

Zoltan P zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 03:53:53 UTC 2009

Alan Grimes has written:
> I looked around and apparently there are several available tools that
> can generate UML automatically from source files, these include
> umbrello, and dia (I think).

I've used Bouml ( http://bouml.free.fr/ ). Compared to Umbrello, it's
very fast and it's able to load the entire ktechlab source code and
generate UML diagrams from it. Umbrello becomes unusably slow after it
loads large amounts of code.
> I'm not sure what Zoltan was using, but being able to load header files
> into UML with two mouse clicks couldn't hurt.
>
> I think this is the best way to attack some of the worse problems in
> ktechlab...

I toally agree. We should see the "big picture".
> Also, netbeans seems to have a great callgraph utility. =)

That sounds interesting, but it might or might not deal with Qt
signal/slot mechanism.