[Ktechlab-devel] todo list.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 2 04:17:42 UTC 2009

1. Continue cleaning up the code surrounding connectors, connector
routers, etc. Long term goal: make the engine smart enough not to do
really stupid things like hop a connector over itself only to loop back
and meet at a junction, or make embareassingly long junctions. eg:

	------------

--------------------X-----------------

2. Try to debug the newly simplified code that brings current to the UI.
-- which I'm seriously not in the mood to do right now. I don't think
there's all that much simplification/refactoring left in it at this
point, it should be mostly debugging. Do your best to avoid adding new
variables to the code, especially don't re-add variables that I've
removed unless you have a damn good reason to.

3. Figure out why/how certain nonlinear circuits are able to overpower a
voltage point. -- which shouldn't be possible while the simulator is
operating. Also, study the mathematics of the underlying models and
figure out how to restrict them to values that don't break the engine.
This is fairly high priority because most of the program just won't work
until it's fixed.

4. Clean up the LED code (partially dependant on 3) so that:

LED
LedBarGraphDisplay
SevenSegmentDisplay

and

MatrixDisplay

all work and use as much of the same code as possible. -- lots and lots
of redundancy between the three and previous efforts at cleanup have
been somewhat feeble.

I'm not a flowcode/PIC guy. If I broke your stuff, I'll do what I can to
help you figure out how to adapt to the changes in the lower-level
classes. I'm just not that interested in it myself right now. I do have
a project on the horizon where I want to build a computer controlled
switchmode power factor correcting battery charger capable of 50 ampres
of charging current for an electric car that I want to build. This will
require a lot from ktechlab to design the thing...

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.