[Ktechlab-devel] Source repository: git or mercurial or other?

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Thu Nov 19 06:59:30 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 18 November 2009 23:44:50 Jason Lucas wrote:
> Git is now enabled on sf.
Well, I uploaded the SVN branches, for now. You can find them in the "git
browse" section or you could just clone the repository.

To do so, just run: git clone <url>. Developers with write access should use
the read/write url from http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=git&group_id=143459
and everybody else uses the read-only url.

After that, you can start working. I'm going to add some hints, how to use git
on the command line, to the wiki, which should make your lives more easy ;)
Remember: you don't write anything to the remote repository until you do a
"git push". This means, you can commit anything you want to your local
repository and change that, as you like, until you push everything. After
pushing it's still possible to "rewrite history", but this should be used in
an emergency only. It desynchronises all other repositories, so they have to
sync manually after that. It works, I tried it, but it's not fun ;)

bye
julian