[Ktechlab-devel] using SVGs

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Wed Nov 18 14:45:58 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 13:57:17 Zoltan Padrah wrote:
> Sounds good.
>
> Just a note about the voltage/current visualization: considering the fact
> that the rectangles displaying the voltages will be redrawn many times per
> second, we should consider there the drawing performance. Maybe a simple
> class showing only that rectangle could be useful.
Good point. A QGraphicsScene is composed of many QGraphicsItems. The scene
keeps track of visible items and if an item notifies the scene, that it's been
updated, the region around the item will be repainted. This is done in an
efficient way, so I don't see any problems here. The framework is specially
designed with this use-case in mind.

bye then
julian