[Ktechlab-devel] Source repository: git or mercurial or other?

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Tue Nov 17 17:57:47 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 14:13:00 Zoltan Padrah wrote:
> The topic in the subject should be also discussed. I've never worked yet
> with either one, but SVN has some shortcomings -- for example is hard to
> track code changes.
>
> Compatibility with KDE could be a bonus.
kde still uses svn. Qt uses git, first applications (amarok as one of the
more-known projects) converted their repositories to git and there are
discussions to move whole kde to git.

> Julian worked with git on kde4 port.
yes, that's why I vote for git ;) since it's really nice to work with this
tool in a group. I'll write about one suggestion on how to organise our source
with git, later.

Another comment is: sf.net should allow us to run both systems for a while,
right? So we could just switch it on, for a while and have a try. I'm willing
(and already doing so) to keep the git repo in sync with the svn.

bye then
julian