[Ktechlab-devel] A random thought that made me smile (and another point in favour of GUI separation)

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Nov 15 16:46:33 UTC 2009

Matthew Ayres wrote:
> It made me smile, so I thought maybe others here would like the thought.

I think the original developer was thinking along the same lines, which
is why we have the vestigal "mechanicsDocument' classes...

I like the idea. It would be a great goal for post KDE4, to have a 3D
workspace mode. (Keith Lynch has 'borrowed' my OpenGL book for more than
a year now...) =\

Right now my biggest concern is figuring out what the hell I should
replace our Canvas class with....

Hmmzers, maybe an OpenGL 2D something or other is the best solution.

!!! Actually, that makes perfect sense. The problem is that on top of
our canvas classes, we have a number of object classes that allow us to
manipulate things. If those could be implemented in OpenGL things would
be just great... Obviously people do do such things in OpenGL, so it
shouldn't be hard at all. =)

Okay, it's decided, the next intermediate goal towards the KDE4 port is
to remove our customized Qcanvas code and replace it with an OpenGL 2D
workspace. =))))

Now to re-acquire my book from Keith...

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.