[Ktechlab-devel] Can I set up a yahoo group for Ktechlab?

David Briscoe david at djsbriscoe.vispa.com
Sun Nov 15 16:22:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am currently a moderator of the kicad-devel yahoo group and a qucs
mailing list moderator. I have been following the discussions on
ktechlab devel mailing list for quite a while

and I take an interest in the project.

I asked some time ago about setting up a yahoo group for the ktechlab
project but there was some resistance to my suggestion. The 2 yahoo
groups associated with Kicad (1 user and 1 developer)have been a big
success and the developers group in particular has attracted a lot of
serious developers to the project. I helped to translate the original
French documentation into English a while ago. I set up a yahoo group to
attract bilingual translators and this resulted in a team that completed
the job.

I think that Ktechlab needs to attract more attention and a user group
could be a good way of doing this. This could later spin off into a
separate developer group if needed. The KDE4 porting effort is going to
need more people to get involved.

Anyway please let me know if I can help?

David.