[Ktechlab-devel] Caching in simulator

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Nov 13 19:02:08 UTC 2009

P Zoltan wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:17:06 +0100, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
> wrote:

>> P Zoltan wrote:
>>>   This mail is more for Alan:

>>>   How does exactly the caching work in the simulator? You've mentioned
>>> it
>>> one day, but it's workings are not clear for me. Could you explain it
>>> (hopefully document it).
>> Are you referring to LogicCacheNode in circuit.h?

>   Yes, and also there are other members / methods of Circuit class.

>   When I did the Eigen test, I just invalidated all caching. Maybe that was
> the cause of poor performance?

No, because the logic cache only affects logic components. I think you
diagnosed it correctly when you noticed that Eigen was doing LU
decomposition from scratch, even allocating memory, when ktechlab is
very highly optimized and only does a partial LU...

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.