[Ktechlab-devel] Time for a clear route forward?

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Nov 6 16:03:06 UTC 2009

Martín Marcucci wrote:
> I completely agree with Matthew. The project will be more organized
> and open to new developers.
> Personally, I would like to help, but when I tried to understand the
> code, it was a little difficult and big.

I'm reluctant to acknowledge that criticism because I've made repeated
offers to answer questions and explain things. =| I've also worked to
simplify the structure of the code and added many comments explaining
problems I was having in certain places.

Write me something between a sentence and a paragraph in length with a
question mark attached and see if I don't answer. =P

> I am a programmer and Electronic Engineering student, like I said in a
> mail some month ago, It would be good to make thinks and goals a
> cleaner.

Goals: Whatever you want. (that's how I've been treating it.) It is easy
to get into the mindset of commercial development where you are working
for a customer. In open source *YOU* are the customer. So therefore you
don't have to live by anyone else's goals. Obviously things suffer when
stability and performance aren't one of your goals. ;) (as is the case
with the KDE project these days...)

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.