[Ktechlab-devel] CPU.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue May 26 21:42:01 UTC 2009

One key benchmark for the maturity of this project would be the ability
to simulate an entire CPU.

I fiddled around with that today and came to the following wishlist:

1. We need "tri-state" logic,  (High, Low, and Z where Z is "High
impedance").

2. We need the option to be able to configure any component so that it
can use buses instead of discreet pins. This is indispensable when
talking about any device with more

3. We need to move the logic config out of the global configuration and
make it a per-part setting, possibly even per-pin deal, We should then
implement a logic config database with the correct parameters for all of
the common logic families.

Unfortunately, the concept of an ALU is somewhat fuzzy, though it should
be possible to implement a fairly general model that will work for most
uses...

An excellent CPU to try to implement is the core of the F21 from
www.ultratechnology.com =)

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.