[Ktechlab-devel] Stupid magnetics companies. (rant)

Glen Canaday gcanaday at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 00:46:44 UTC 2009

OT, but I thought I might be able to rant for a whole sentence or two here and
actually have someone understand.

"Why does no one make a 1:1 dual primary dual secondary transformer that I can
plug into my wall and get the full VA output of the wall socket and stay
isolated while keeping the size down enough that I can fit the damned thing in
a 1U rack case? It's not that bloody hard. If it's a heat problem I can use a
sink. I can't possibly be the only idiot praying for one of these who can't
afford a custom winding."

End of rant. Anyone know where I can get one of these? I'm at a loss. The
usual places don't have them. All I wanna do is put in a voltage doubler to
the wall outlet and have enough A left over for the heaters on a couple of
12AX7s. The rest of the unit doesn't need crap for A, just the heaters, and
the xformer needs to be less than about 1.7" (about 44mm) on one dimension.

--GC