[Ktechlab-devel] I finally got KTechLab compiled...!

thomas at tgohome.com thomas at tgohome.com
Mon Jun 29 06:54:43 UTC 2009

I finally got KTechLab compiled... using KDevelop. I was very happy, this
being the first time I've ever compiled a third-party app of any
significant size.

Now I have compiled it, I would like to make some modifications. (And
release them later.) It's a little project for me, as I'm very interested
in electronics.

It would be nice if I could add a component type database where you can
select the model of component and get some standard characteristics (e.g.
for a NPN transistor, you could get gain, maximum collector-emitter
current, etc.) These characteristics could be used to determine if the
device is being run past specifications, which could trigger a warning
icon next to the device, for example.

However, I need to add a property, which lets users select the device
(e.g. "2N2222A" from "ST Micro"), so that these characteristics can be
loaded. Any ideas on how this could be done? I tried this:

	v = createProperty("P_C", Variant::Type::String);
	v->setCaption("Part Code");
	v->setValue("2N2222A");

But it only lets me select integer/decimal values, and the title doesn't
come up. Any ideas on creating an option box or drop down?

All help appreciated.
Tom