[Ktechlab-devel] unit test.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 8 15:54:38 UTC 2009

>> The code was fairly heavily commented....
>>
>> I just submitted a new version which simply sets A to the identity
>> matrix and b to 0 1 2 3 4 5...

>> That actually passes! But it only tests the most degenerate case.
>>
>> What you basically want to do is set all values in A and b to some
>> random number between, say, -1000 and 1000 and then see if it can solve
>> that...

>   The thing is that I don't get the "big picture": that is that matrix,
> a,b, ...
>
>   I'll have to read some docs in the topic... Do you recommend something?

The engine does something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LU_decomposition

What we're basically doing is solving a system of N equations for N
variables.

Each equation is of the form:

Ai1X1 + Ai2X2 + Ai3X3 + Ai4X4 = Bi

Where Aij may be 0.
More information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_of_linear_equations

It's a critically important problem. It's the central problem of high
performance computing. When someone develops a coprocessor board, it
always supports BLAS. =P

http://www.clearspeed.com/
http://www.mc.com/
(and many others...)