[Ktechlab-devel] unit test.

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 15:38:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 00:20:24 +0200, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
wrote:

> I roughed out the unit test for libktechmath and put it in SVN.
>
> It has two major problems:
>
> 1. the code to put random values in the matrix and vector has not been
> implemented.

  Easy to fix, but I have no idea what is going on there; maybe you should
document it.

> 2. there are some configuration problems with the makefiles, they aren't
> linking against certain key libraries, that really needs to be fixed...

  That should be fixed now. Note that Makefile.in shouldn't be present in
the SVN, because it's generated by configure (I guess...) from Makefile.am.

  Details:
- added to includes: src/math/
- added to libraries: src/libtechmath.la and -lkdeutil (maybe some other
lib from KDE would be enought, I don't know).
  All these are defined in Makefile.am.

> Once somebody plz makes this work for us, we can get our first real
> definitive test of whether the goddamn engine works or not...

  After running the test program, I got "nan FAIL =(". Start the debugger...

> Also, the current factoring of the code does permit the use of
> alternate, well optimized and tested, linear algebra engines. I think
> someone mentioned one such engine to me on the list a while back in a
> discussion about liboil, I dimsissed it because the code, at that time,
> didn't permit it to be used. =\

  Btw. linear algebra: there is some code to dump the equations of a
circuit. To use it, one needs to open a circuit document and add the "Dump
linear equations" to the toolbar. It shoudld work also with the Ctrl + D
key combination, but it seems that only if it's placed on the toolbar. The
output of this function has an issue: kdDebug() and cout is mixed in the
code, so expect strange breaks in the text. Maybe only kdDebug should be
used; it's quite easy to fix.

  Zoltan