[Ktechlab-devel] Slowmatrix! =)

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 8 15:09:52 UTC 2009

>   As I mentioned before, I'd like to take a different approach: use the
> Eigen library instead of custom impelementation. That won't have strange
> bugs. I want to test it and probably use it to validate the current LU
> implementation, by using a fuzzy tehnique. If Eigen is fast enough, I'd
> prefer to keep using it in ktechlab.

It seems that Eigen can only deal with floats, not doubles. =( I tried
to get help with it but couldn't.

Checking linear algebra operations is perfectly straightforward.

Function validateLU() checks performLU(), and the mathtest program in
testing checks fbsub and performLU().

The only active bug that these two functions have revealed is a row
permutation bug =\.

>   About configuration options: we could provide multiple Matrix
> impelmenations this way, by using the preprocessor defines and setting
> those using configure.

I was thinking more along the lines of switching on and off whole files,
but yeah, that's the idea.

>   The first thing I want to do is to find the minimal interface for the
> Matrix class used by the rest of the program.

I've been very active in whittling down the interface to that class. =)

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.