[Ktechlab-devel] Slowmatrix! =)

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 8 06:12:43 UTC 2009

Okay, Zoltan, you've taken an interest in my matrix and vector classes,
now it's time for your final exam. =P

I'm too lazy to do this myself, (actually, I urgently need to spend more
time earning money!!!), but here's the idea take the interface to class
Matrix (the LU solver) and implement a simple Gauss-jordan matrix
inverter and call it "slowmatrix" (don't change the class name so that
the alternate implementation can be compiled based on how the source is
configured). You will be graded based on how efficient your overall
approach to implementing each of the interface functions is and how well
you take advantage of the functionality in QuickMatrix to shave cycles
off of an inherently slow algorithm. =P

Naturally, this alternate version must permit ktechlab to operate
normally. (this is also an exam of your ability to research gauss-jordan
elimination and implement it correctly.)

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.