[Ktechlab-devel] My ktechlab modifications

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 3 02:51:36 UTC 2009

thomas at tgohome.com wrote:
> I'm more of an analog kinda guy,

mee tooo!! I want to implement vacuum tubes. =P

I was just mentioning recent work on the simulator.

> Anyway, I will be creating a patch based on current SVN soon.
>
> Quick status check. I've added over-rates for resistors now. Resistors
> also display the power they're dissipating. See screenshot:
>   http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1134084/ResistorOverRatePlusPower.png

> I was thinking of doing some of the following:

Yeah, I've been working on a similar wishlist myself. The main concern
that I've had is one of architecture. The current design pattern is not
very scalable, witness the massive class heirarchy under PIC component.

I want to move to a database driven parts library. Ideal components will
still be built in.

> I have noticed that in my SVN version LEDs and diodes do not work. Is this
> (or was this) a problem with SVN a bit back?

=(

Yeah, I know.

I'm currently having problems running my build on gentoo bcause they
changed where the distro puts headers and ktechlab isn't currently
compatible with the new configuration. =((((

The #1 problem is making sure the linear algebra engine is as accurate
as possible, without that nothing will work.

#2, diodes are the core bedrock of all nonlinear components, if the code
underlying diode won't work, no other nonlinear component will work.

I've been refactoring it trying to make it unbreakable, and it does seem
to work a little bit, but it obviously needs a great deal more work. =(

#3 I need some serious pen and paper time to figure out a programming
language for writing component models that can scale to tens of
thousands of parts, without breaking the overall usability of the
program. =\

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.