[Ktechlab-devel] My ktechlab modifications

thomas at tgohome.com thomas at tgohome.com
Thu Jul 2 14:59:31 UTC 2009

Hi... Again,

I have made some more tweaks... I've added capacitor over-rates, and I've
also fixed many NPN transistor over-rate bugs. I added maximum power
dissipation for transistors as well (however, I'd like someone else to
review that I'm doing it correctly)

One thing I added to capacitors (only fixed capacitors at the moment,
maybe variable caps soon) was a polar setting, and a maximum working
voltage setting. If the capacitor is polar, then it cannot tolerate more
than 2.5 volts backward. (This might be a setting later, but at the moment
it's fixed.) If working voltage is exceeded, or the capacitor is run in
reverse (when it is polar) an over-rate warning is shown. I also added
charge (coulombs), energy (joules) and volts to the tooltip for the
capacitor.

See screenshot:
   http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1134084/CapOverRateAndCharge.png

I will try to post a patch (and it will be a big patch, because a lot had
to be changed to accommodate these additions, which makes KTechLab a more
useful program for me, and hopefully others) based on current SVN soon.

Tom