[Ktechlab-devel] Porting to Qt 4 --> I'd like to help

Juan De Vincenzo juandevincenzo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:49:55 UTC 2009

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been taking a look at the porting tool and what I understand,
based on what I've been reading[1], is that in order to do it all at
once the whole project should count with a qt project file (*.pro).
AFAIK Ktechlab doesn't use that, so I guess it is a file by file job
that needs to be done.

I'll keep researching the way to pull this off and send an update as
soon as I have something. I guess the first thing I'll try is porting
one or two files, maybe one small and another large (ktechlab.cpp) and
learn how the process works.

I'll also see if maybe a bash script can help automate the process for
the whole source code. =)

There's also the fact that .ui files also have to be ported to Qt4.

Regards,
Juan

[1]http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/qt3to4.html#qt3to4