[Ktechlab-devel] create subcircuit

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Mon Jan 26 08:52:01 UTC 2009

Hey,
I just installed kdelibs3 and checked that myself. It works fine here. Please
note that you need "external connections" to create subcircuits.

I mentioned a crash when dragging a subcirtuit over the CircuitDocument and
fixed that in trunk. git blame command told me, that Alan commented out some
code that was needed to add subcircuits to a document. ;P Now it works fine
for me. I just tested with 2 external connections and connected one to the 2
inputs of an and-gate and the other to the output. Works as expected.

On Sunday 25 January 2009 20:07:47 Niels Egberts wrote:
> But now my question, I'm running the latest svn version because the version
> in the ubuntu repository is extremely unstable, it crashes when you drag a
> battery into the workfield. I've read some stuff on the wiki and there is
> part about "creating a subcircuit" (see link). It looks like it is very
> handy, but I can't find it anywhere.
It should be enabled in the context-menu (right-click) when you selected a
bunch of components in your circuit. If you don't selected enough to create a
subcircuit, the item is disabled.

> http://linexedu.educarex.es/index.php/Imagen:Ktechlab-subcircuito-paso2.png
>
> Is this still in Ktechlab, or is it going to be re-implented?
That's exactly what I see, when doing the actions I told you above.

bye
julian