[Ktechlab-devel] Another bug with subcircuits -- workaround in svn

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 18:48:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 00:48:55 +0100, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
wrote:

> I seem to have a problem with my build or something, I haven't had
> pop-up menus in a dog's age and don't see any subcircuit feature
> anywhere.

  When you right-click on a circuit, you should see a menu. The last entry
should be "create subcircuit". If the menu doesn't appear, your ktechlab
installation is probably broken.

  More news: the root of this issue is ItemDocument, which seems to
register UIDs, and fails to unregister them -- even if there is no item
associated to that UID. I've comitted in the 0.3.7 branch a fix which
unregisters the UID of the connector right before creating the connector.
Now the bug had disappeared, and I hope it didn't create other bugs.
Please test it. :)

  Zoltan