[Ktechlab-devel] Another bug with subcircuits

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 18:43:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:53:37 +0100, Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de> wrote:

> On Friday 13 February 2009 16:38:26 P Zoltan wrote:
>>   It seems to me that the bug is caused by not hiding the connectors
>> from
>> the internal structure of the subcircuit (I guess ktechlab is just
>> dumping
>> the contents of the subcircuit on the actual circuit, but makes is
>> hidden).
> Thanks for your research! Can we work-around this by adding some logic
> somewhere? It would be nice if we only need to change the sub-circuit
> component class. It just needs to be aware that it was dropped into a
> circuit
> and create unique connectors (or even items, don't know if it could
> happen to
> items, too) before actually performing the operation.

  Some more results: it doesn't work as I thought. The simulator "needs"
those connectors for the simulation, but they somehow get "out" of the
subcircuit. Another note: if in the Connector constructor no new ids are
generated, just let the new component override the old, these lost
connectors don't appear.