[Ktechlab-devel] What do you think of an open call to devs?

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Wed Feb 11 21:21:45 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 22:20:31 P Zoltan wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:02:38 +0100, Juan De Vincenzo
>
> <juandevincenzo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've been thinking that maybe, a good way to obtain some extra hands
> > for the project would be with an open call for developers which could
> > be carried out on the kde-devel mailing list.
> >
> > I would like to know your opinion of this, because maybe you don't
> > think it is a good idea, so I didn't wanted to rush into it. Also, it
> > might be good to wait until the site is up and running on the
> > "official" domain, but that could also take some time (David, help us
> > on that! =).
>
>   I don't think that's a good idea now. First of all, we should make the
> release, for which aren't so many people needed -- but more the better
> testers --. Secondly, we don't have a _clear_ plan (or I don't know about
> it?) about what to do after the release, so we should get organized first.
Testing will be done after the release, when it spreads the world ;) Since we
still got the branch, we could do another bug-fix release shortly. IMHO, we
should have a look at the latest subcircuit issues stated by Lawrence (and fix
it, if its not too hard), put our names into the about-config and off we go.

Second thing: yes, we need a plan. ;) Before that, we should somehow decide
how to create it. wiki? This list? I'm not sure about it. I'm also not sure
about how to create a good plan at all... :-S

bye
julian