[Ktechlab-devel] Porting to Qt 4 --> I'd like to help

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Feb 8 20:40:00 UTC 2009

Juan De Vincenzo wrote:
[...]
> I'm really keen for your feedback. =)

Yes, I'm in favor of a more direct port of Ktechlab to 4.x.

The idea of integrating it with kdevelop to a greater extent is
interesting and has a great deal of potential... (wonder if you could
flowpart a C program or something. =P)

But it is good dicipline to keep to the smallest number of incremental
changes at a time, even if the intermediate results aren't optimal.

Right now the tree is frozen for release. I'm not sure what the best
practices are with SVN, but I hope the SVN administrator will create a
0.4 fork as soon as possible so that the multitude of efforts at the 4.x
port can be integrated and testing can begin.

My own system is somewhat messed up from installing 4.2, but I think I
have a working tree. I'm going to make a from-scratch build and push a
few fixes into SVN. I just found some problems in Makefile.in... Anyway.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.