[Ktechlab-devel] Forums

Michael T. mickljosapth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:23:18 UTC 2009

-->   Forum + RSS feed with the new posts from the forum? :D

RSS   might be a priority in my view to keep everyone capped up on what is
going on.

  -->   Anyway, it's your choice to like it or not :)
\|/
I agree too but for end users  "Think" and speak for myself (speaking
sense)   we need forums.  End users will not utilize  mailing lists or as
much.  Actually until I gotten in linux I would skip anything  mailing
list.    I'm not attacking on any one's choice or judging them for it.
However have to point out that realistically  forums are needed for the end
users.  Only what needs to be overcome is ability to manage them as in my
project adds more   "normal" users. I do not mean State of the brain but
mean who are not involved in the actual making of ktechlab  but rather using
it.    I think younger users do not even appreciate Mailing lists as a
whole.   Without  a Poll this is only an opinion without backing but  think
it is true. I myself when with someone on the cellphone (I don't even care
for a landline anymore as much, or an Answering machine )  say: "You got a
problem? why not check the forums other people may have  experienced the
same issue?"  Not: "Check the mailing lists "  Many major Projects have
forums, think what would happen for example to Ubunutu  if End users were
required to use mailing lists.    Even most major Propitiatory software have
forums.  The heads may not like the forum but it is essential for the lowest
common denominator user.

Most people were not conditioned "Recent  users  +-10 years"  to use mailing
lists.   It is not  "mailing list"  is bad. But rather a user is not trained
for first looking for one.   Again  I'm not in any way, sense, or form
attacking anyone dislking forums.  But it would be absurd  given with right
conditions not to have a forum for a user to cheer on, disagree or vent in
frustration what issues they are having and wish to be resolved.