[Ktechlab-devel] Forums

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Feb 3 02:40:18 UTC 2009

-1.

I hate forums.
they suck.
There does not appear to be a time-efficient way to use forums and they
require you to manage yet another login account. I've chosen to try to
resist such accounts, cuz I have a hundred more accounts than I can
actually manage right now.

Mailing lists, on the other hand, are supremely efficient. You log in
once to set it up and then forget about it. The list manager will almost
always honor a command issued from your own e-mail address. What you
need to know gets handed to you immediately and you never have to reload
a page to see if someone's posted anything. You can deal with mailing
lists using any piece of software you wish. I've signed up for mailing
lists more than a decade ago and they've only required a minute or two
to update e-mail addresses once in a blue moon. Using mailing lists (for
long term use) is so effortless that I can't fathom why anyone would
ever bother setting up a form. I'm probably on more than a hundred lists
right now and I don't even have to think about it.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.