[Ktechlab-devel] Forums

Michael T. mickljosapth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 02:17:56 UTC 2009

Hi Lawrence,

I think the forums are very needed on the site even if some / many
developers  may prefer otherwise.  I think from a user perspective a forum
is "cozy" to the end user. I know from what has already been discussed,
additionally my own feelings both forms of communication has inadequacies
one way or the other.   So to satisfy  to some degree I think mailing lists
and forums can coexist.  The hard part will be the moderation as the user
base grows. It might be a  friendly place right now with not too many
people. But once more and more join it can become reckless but still not
like forums disappeared from the www.  Another suggestion that I think is
really needed from the start is a Roles module. Before the project had time
to expand or it will become spaghetti.  Remember what you seen on my  site
as "Management" ? I think you should create something like that. So it will
be a directory of  various parts of the project. It is vital can't stress it
enough really important. For one  team to be able to communicate very well
with the other.  So a ready base  grouped  into each field would be nice.
Otherwise   just example: Picture    the simulator  performing a simulation
at the same time  half of the form is cutoff. Because the Coder did not
agree upon some aspect with the gui designer. This is just an example of
course, it probably would not come down to this.  Or lets say suddenly a
script on the main site broke, the user needs to contact the "Web master(s)"
  not "Coders" or "GUI" designers   Who really might not (should not even
care about the web sites  workings)  want to be bothered.  They go to the
section Webmaster and pick one, ok  he / she is out of town on vacation.
They select the assistent Web master who will be able to fix the problem.