[Ktechlab-devel] Converting to Eigen - patch for revision, ver.1

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 21 19:55:58 UTC 2009

P Zoltan wrote:
>  A flowcode (let's do things with style :D) made with ktechlab,
> attached, shows the current operations when one step in the simulation
> is done. It seem to me that it's too complicated and inefficient. It can
> be seen that in Simulator::step() there are quite a few loops, and in
> each loop ElementSet::doNonLinear also makes  internal iterations.
> That's not needed, as far I know.

I had forgotten about flowcode. =P

Good start, looks like a great test for the flowcode code too. =)

>  My goal now is to make the test circiut (also attached) to run
> decently, without 100% processor usage. The big question is how to do it?

The circuit runs just fine for me right now with less than 50% of a
single CPU (2-way SMP machine). I'm using the old engine. Naturally,
things slow down if I put in a voltage probe... (which might be a
problem. probably a good target for multithreading...)

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.