[Ktechlab-devel] Converting to Eigen -- update equation matrix size?

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 17:40:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 02:00:15 +0200, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
wrote:

> P Zoltan wrote:
>>   There are some gliches with currents, as Kirchoff's current law is not
>> respected in quite numerous cases. I guess the nodes/branches are not
>> properly updated.
>
> No, that's a UI issue. =\
>
> Or rather the engine is working but doesn't provide directly useful
> information for updating the UI so the UI *TRIES* to figure out where
> the current is coming from and where it is going.

  Hmm... the UI trying to do something on its own sounds like a bug/design
problem for me, not a feature. Obviously more investigation is needed. My
sugess is that some currents are not properly updated in some cases.
Dumping the object structures would be really useful in the investigation.

> It might be possible to expand the matrix a little bit and get more
> information about currents.

  We should clearly define the algorithm for computation and UI update...

  Tests that fail, due to bogous currents:

- creating a voltage divider, with:
   ( 2 resistors in parallel ) in series with a another resistor

- short-circuiting the 2 resistors in parallel