[Ktechlab-devel] Converting to Eigen -- update equation matrix size?

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 21:52:57 UTC 2009

   Hi,

  I've tried to convert the existing code to use Eigen, but at this moment
it's totally broken, due to the fact that if a new element/component is
added to the circuit, the corresponding matrix's size doesn't change, so
some nodes won't get voltage values. Does anybody know how adding new
elements it's supposed to work?

  Later edit: it seems to me that after each added component, the
CircuitDocument is divided in Circuits and ElementSets and each Circuit
gets an init() call, where the matrix is recreated. Some more debugging is
needed... And also a decent logging method, because debugging complex data
structures/classes tends to suck.

  When I get something more or less functional, I'll send a patch.

   Zoltan