[Ktechlab-devel] The Ktechlab heirarchy

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Apr 28 17:04:55 UTC 2009

Here's a review of the ktechlab heirarchy as I understand it:

Use kdevelop's class inheritance diagram tool to see for yourself.

The most abstract class is "Document" it is mostly just loading and
saving stuff.

There are then two subclasses, text documents (seldom used, I've never
used it...) And the much lauded item document.

Item document is noteworthy because it does the following things:

>>> Allow you to slap down parts on a screen.
>>> some GUI related functionality.

Things it should not know about:

>>> ICN documents, Connected items (cnitem), flowcodedocuments,
connectors and nodes.

Then we have the long lost/never finished mechanics document that I've
never seen in action, maybe someone who cares enough can try to activate
it in some version and take screenshots...

The other subclasses are ICN documents.

These have the basic functionality to connect items with lines.

Again, it should not know anything about Flowparts or Circuits...

And so on with the subclasses.

The same basic principles apply to the entire project but this one
family of classes represents pretty much all of it.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.