[Ktechlab-devel] New here, trying to understand and maybe to contribute

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 15:36:43 UTC 2009

   Hi Vincent,

  Any help is welcome.

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:40:38 +0200, Vincent Nikkelen
<vincent.nikkelen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

> Then I discovered KTechlab and started playing with that. Wow, this tool
> is really cool and was surprised I didn't hear about it before. So I
> started to look a bit deeper. The PDF tutorial with examples is really
> great (I'm half-way now).
>
> But then, I got lost in the information. I'm not sure what is the real
> website (sourceforge, ktechlab.org or?). Forums seem to be dead, but
> there is some mailinglist activity despite the news section states
> KTechlab is in-active.

  The main website is ktechlab.org, especially the wiki section. You can
find there some documentation about the project.

  On sourceforge you can find the bug tracker and the SVN repository.

  I'd also recommend to read the mailing list's archive, so you can know
more about the ktechlab's history.

> To make a long story short, I'm looking for a project that is willing to
> 'adopt' me. Being a father with a full time job, I can not guarantee
> many hours a day but spending a few consequtive hours every few days is
> no problem.

  That's great, because for instance I don't have that much time :(

> I have a degree in Computing Science from the Eindhoven University of
> Technology. Started working for Ericsson and unfortunately lost touch
> with writing code completely. Have no experience in KDE or QT. C++ is
> rather rusty. But I'm learning fast.
>
> Electronics is an erea I do not have any background in, but I'm
> interested in learning it because I'm involved in a project now that
> designs ASICs and reference configurations. This is how I (privately,
> I'm not required to understand it at all) found first KSimus and later
> KTechlab.
>
> So, if you think you can use a helping hand, please let me know.

  There is much to do around the project. Between the current objectives is
to port ktechlab to KDE4, make the codebase maintainable, fix more bugs,

> Regards,
> Vincent

  Zoltan