[Ktechlab-devel] MOSFETs from SVN

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 21:31:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:50:47 +0200, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
wrote:

>>   Based on svn trunk, I've made some modifications to allow the user to
>> change W, L of the MOSFET. By tweaking these parameters, the original
>> circuit can be made to work from 5V supply :D Should I commit it?
>
> Sure, if you're comfortable with it and the code looks good.

  OK, code comitted.

Link:
  Now by setting channel length for the MOS to 1 um and using a smaller
resitance, the LED will turn on now. You might need to change the value of
the source in order to the MOS parameter changes to take effect.

> My only concern is that users should be able to obtain a passable model
> for his part from a datasheet. =)

  You got a valid point here; one day we should have some component
library, where physially existing devices could be found. Until then some
good default vales for parameters should be enough.
  Still, for the current situation, V_GS = 11V for I_DS = 1mA seems a bit
out of range.