[Ktechlab-devel] MOSFETs from SVN

Link link at penguindevelopment.org
Fri Apr 10 10:05:47 UTC 2009

I want to use n-channel enhancement MOSFETs in my circuits, but they
don't work as I'd expect. I modelled the circuit from
http://brunningsoftware.co.uk/FET.htm (see attachment). When I hold the
push-to-make, the gate pin goes high, and the LED... does absolutely
bupkis. I get 160 µA flowing through it, and that's it. Removing the 1k
resistor changes absolutely nothing. I need to change the voltage source
to about 50 V for the LED to turn on. What gives?

My knowledge of electronics is limited (hence why I like KTechlab - it's
a great learning utility!), to the point where I don't understand the
MOSFET maths enough to be able to provide any more input, so I'm relying
on you folks for this.