[Ktechlab-devel] Connector.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 23 05:52:49 UTC 2008

The more I squint at Connector, the more mysterious it gets...

First, it seems to be doing lots of stuff that I thought Wire was for,
yet the relationship between Connector and Wire is not obvious at all...

It has an obvious relationship to ICN document, -- it draws the
interconnections... However it also seems to cover the directivity that
only exists in the flowpart branch of the tree, and it also deals with
wires that only belong in the EC part of the tree. =\

How does it do all that and still remain relatively (but far from
completely!) sane...

Obviously it needs to get smarter, to draw cleaner lines for circuits,
and there needs to be a more powerful engine that is able to sort out
and optimize Junction Nodes (thanks refactor guy -- I gotta start
learning people's names!!!)

What I need now is for UML guy to squint at this for me and see what he
can discover....

On the other side of the source, I'd like to hear from QT4 guy about
what to do with Canvas.h, and how to safely re-standardize it. It is
also important to start putting together a roadmap for setting up the
new components engine... (the entirety of the existing parts library,
especially the PIC components, will have to be scrapped and rewritten in
favor of a runtime database and that will require a whole new engine to
process the parts...)

Going forward, one future enhancement that would be useful would be to
implement varriable temperature, and have temperature domains, or "heat
sinks" so it would be possible to glue a bunch of parts to a heat sink
and, if they are temperature sensitive, have them interact with that
heatsink... This would allow the simulation of "thermal runaway" which
is important in power transistor circuits...

--
FAKE candidates; RIGGED machines; Don't vote.
Remember, if there aren't any anti-war candidates, it's not an election.