[Ktechlab-devel] Documentation; svn committing question

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 20:18:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:30:04 +0200, Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de> wrote:

> Could you put the umbrello XML files into the svn? We can create a
> documentation directory in trunk to store such files. I think it's ok to
> put
> the binary file in there, too.

  I'm using BOUML (http://bouml.free.fr/) for UML models, because umbrello
becomes unusably slow after it imports ktechlab's sources. First I want to
do some tweaking to the UML model/project, and only after that I will
commit it somewhere under /trunk/doc/. Binary files are OK to store in svn
(for example, there are pictures in the source tree).

> Lawrence Shafer mentioned some time ago, that he is willing to host the
> website. We should get a dump of the database before the actual site is
> going
> down and move to Lawrences' servers.

  That would be nice.

> Do you have an svn account now? You should put your changes into trunk,
> so
> people using trunk can test it. Later we will create a branch and tag it
> for
> release. All development is done in trunk, so this is were to put your
> code.
> We only have some development branches now, where some things are
> stored, that
> might not likely be released to the public.

  Yes, I have an account. I've comitted my patches to the repository.
(Anyone) Please test it, because it didn't get it right from the first
commit. It should be good now.

  Zoltan