[Ktechlab-devel] Technical comittees.

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 21:16:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:55:31 +0100, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
wrote:

> While I oppose a centralized command structure for the project because
> it really isn't needed. There is a need for technical committees for the
> two fairly distinct families of developers who are coming to ketechlab.
> I, and the new guy are mostly analog guys, while others on this list are
> mostly interested in the digital side.
>
> One current issue is removing the previous attempt at configurable
> components, The code in "component model library" seems to be dead at
> the moment and the data file in /src/electronics/models should at the
> very least be moved out of the source tree and into it's own folder in
> the project. As the move towards externalizing these parts continues,
> the more specific component libraries should be moved to their own
> project.

  I don't really see the point of separating digital from analog; it's a
nice feature to be able to mix analog and digital parts in a circuit. The
component libraries shoud be editable by the user, so a lot of discussion
is needed in this topic before we do anything. I suppose there are many
people who know electronics, but don't know c++.

  However, we need some kind of structure in the project, as in the current
state, strictly speaking, this is not a project, but only a few people
coding on some codebase. We need to get organized and set up project
management processeses.

   Zoltan