[Ktechlab-devel] broke SVN. =(

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 16:59:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 15:47:09 +0100, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
wrote:

> Thanks much,
>
> I think the issue here is visibility.
>
> Assumptions 1 and 2: All Circuit stuff is in the electronics directory,
> All Flow part stuff is in the flow part directory.
>
> Assumption 3: Stuff in electronics and flow parts can't see each other.
>
> Assumption 4: Only stuff in the parent directory can see both at the
> same time.
>
> Because it appears that these pinMapping files bridge flow parts and
> circuit, then it must be in the parent directory.

  Not really. The relation between PinMapping and flowcode consists only of
the fact that some StringList stores the names of a PIC's pins.

  I haven't moved the pinmapping.{h|cpp} files. In my opinion it should get
a separate subdir under electronics (or flowparts?) and the file should be
splitted in 5, as it contains 5 classes. For the moment, I don't really
care about pinmapping, so do as you consider to be more logical.

> General rule: a subclass should never be in the parent directory of a
> base class except when it necessarily bridges two classes.
>
> Since you obviously understand that part of the code far better that I
> do, I will let you make the next SVN commits. There is one issue with an
> include file which failed to compile for me even though I am pretty sure
> my build files are set up with the correct "-I" directories. In order to
> make my version work I used an absolute path name... Please make that
> work too.

  I guess that header is "ktlconfig.h". The problem with that header is
that it is generated from ktlconfig.kcfg, so it resides between the output
of the compilation. I've fixed circuitdocument in rev. 156, but it's not a
very nice solution (in other files you'll find similar): "#include
"src/core/ktlconfig.h"".

  Ktechlab now should compile without problems.