[Ktechlab-devel] simulator

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Fri Nov 7 01:09:13 UTC 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008 01:14:35 Glen wrote:
> Is there any direction / ideas for what direction the simulator should
> go? I have my own ideas, especially now since I've probed the code a
> little bit, but what's really better for the project?
Some time ago, it was mentioned on the list, that the actual code won't scale.
So it's really hard to add new components to the simulator. We need a way to
define components more easy. XML would be something to mention here. I don't
see the problem to do something like that with the visualisation part, but for
the simulator I don't see a good way to do it.
There is a wiki page for features:
http://ktechlab.org/wiki/index.php?title=DEVEL:Feature_Request

I mentioned to create the simulation logic in the XML files via ECMA script,
since this could be interpreted by Qt. I haven't done any speed tests till
now.. shame on me.

> What would people like to see it do beyond what it does now?
May be, you could have a look at the feature requests and see if your ideas
fit in there. I suggest to find something you want to work on and then we
should talk about it (may be irc or IM, or something similar) to see, how it
should be implemented. May be something needs to be ported before you start.

Do you have kdelibs4 installed? IMHO it won't be a good idea to develop hot
new features for the KDE3 version.

bye then
julian